This is an update to my post, “Love Google Photos, but need a photo book option?” from last March. I love using Google Photos because my photos and videos automatically backup everything in my iPhone’s photos app. I can tap the “free up space” button in the Google Photos app to keep my iPhone Photos app cleaned up. Did I mention that you get free, unlimited storage? This truly beats buying more and more iCloud storage just for peace of mind. Not convinced, check out Mashable’s latest article, “Sorry, Apple Photos, but I’m leaving you for Google Photos.” Just get Google Photos already. 🙂
A few days ago Google announced their Photo Book option for Google Photos! This is a much needed update for Google Photos users who were struggling to pull their stored photos into beautiful printed books for gifts or keepsakes. 7-inch, 20 page softcover books start at $9.99, costing 35 cents for each additional page beyond 20. 9-inch, 20 page hardcover books start at $19.99 and 65 cents for each additional page.
- Simply navigate to photos.google.com/photobooks
- Choose your book type and then click start book
- Select 20+ pictures and then click Done.
- Add a title and reorganize photos as needed.
- You can always save a draft and come back later!
- When your book is finished, click Cart – Checkout and you are done!